Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas Holiday

Hello Everyone,

I had great holiday at home with my friends and family.

I went home to Canada for 10 days, then the family went to Cuba for 7 days, and then I was home again for 3 more days.

Being home in Canada was great. I saw friends, spent time with family, and did Canadian-type things. Had Tim Hortons and Wendys, and good snacks that I can't get here in Iceland.

I really had a great time seeing people that I hadn't seen in months. Spent time with Jen and Al and the kids. Went to Halifax and had a pre-Christmas with Carl and Meggie and Pumpkin. We ate at Chives and it was great. I recommend it to people to check it out, its on Barrington.

I went to the family Christmas party and it was nice to see everyone and share all of my Icelandic adventures with family. There were lots of questions about living here.

Mom, Dad, Nick and I went to Cuba over Christmas. It was great to spend Christmas there. It wasnt very Christmas-y but it was great to be South, in the Sand and Sun and warmth. It was beautiful when we were there. 27 degrees the entire time that we were there and sunny. It had rained for days before we arrived but not a drop once we arrived. Cayo Coco was beautiful and the beach was great. I recommend the Melia Cayo Coco it is definately a great resort the staff was great. Nick and I made good friends with the gardener (Rolando) he was great and made us palm hats and bracelets and lots of stuff to bring back. Dad made friends with one of the animation staff and he would holler questions to dad when dad was unable to hear what he was saying. It was hilarious!!! We were sad to leave.

When we got back I only had 1.5 full days until I had to leave to come back to Iceland. I went to visit Jen and give her her present at Frenchys. It was nice to see her too.

I went to visit Nancy on New Years Day and mom and nick and I also went to see Sherlock Holmes. It was pretty good.

On saturday I went to the airport to head back here to Iceland. FLIGHT CANCELLED!!

I met up with one of my professors to chat about thesis and school, etc. It was great to chat with him. He's a cool guy!

I finally got out of halifax on sunday morning but had to wait in the Boston airport for like 14 hours. It was okay though because there was free wireless thanks to Google. I got to Iceland late but still made it to the domestic airport in time for my flight to Isafjordur.

I am here now...in class...back to the grind!

I will try and post on a semi-regular basis now that I am back.

Peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment